1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS to handle large db entries - 10-20million

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by mudanoman, Dec 27, 2006.

Hello,

I am curious what CMS is recommended for large databases...I am estimating 10-20million pages. I have looked at Drupal but the poor caching seems to be an issue. Also I have heard wordpress starts to have issues with 50k entries. Just curious what would be recommended.

Thanks

mudanoman, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  2. jazz7620

jazz7620 Banned

Best Answers:
    Just curious, what is the topic where you have 10-20 million pages?

jazz7620, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  3. dshah

dshah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You may want to take a look at vBulletin. vBulletin is primarily a forum software, but its highly scalable and proven to be able to handle large database (I doubt any forums have that many threads/posts though).

You can build upon it very easily to make it work like CMS - or even there are few products already available (vbPortal may be) which you might want to take a look at.

dshah, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  4. mudanoman

mudanoman Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I am thinking about creating a serch / aggregation portal that will have a massive amount of content. :)

mudanoman, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  5. lkj

lkj Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do you need dynamic content? Create script(s) that makes constant files (php/html) and interlink together.

lkj, Dec 30, 2006 IP