1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS with 2 Menus?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by enwise, Oct 8, 2008.

I'm going to be putting up a 3 column website where the left column will have a menu and the right column will also. I've never had the need to have 2 seperate menus so I'm a bit confused on how exactly to go about this. I thought Wordpress would be a good choice since the middle content could work as blog posts, but I'm unsure how I would get this to work..another CMS I thought about using is Website Baker. Does anyone know if what I want to do is possible with these 2 CMS's? Or can anyone suggest a CMS for me to use?

enwise, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  2. hotpop

hotpop Peon

Best Answers:
    You can do it easily with joomla. As to wordpress, you have to install a menu plugin.

hotpop, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  3. sanokser

sanokser Peon

Best Answers:
    Datalife , joomla , drupal im pretty sure all the major cms's have 2 menu templates :p

sanokser, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  4. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    As mentioned by the others here, Joomla definitely has the facility to display multiple menus which you can position in different places within the page. The Joomla demo page demonstrates 3 menus on the left and one across the top, but you can easily have your second menu in the right-hand side column.

Lever, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  5. enwise

enwise Peon

Best Answers:
    whats the name of the wordpress plugin?

enwise, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  6. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla makes multiple menus and placement a breeze. If your second menu in Wordpress is very short you could hard code it into the template.

internetmarketingiq, Oct 9, 2008 IP