1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS with best reviews/ratings sections

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Danny, May 31, 2006.

Hi,

I am setting upa site that will have a lot of reviews and ratings of products.

I went through and tried joomla with the xtdrating system but this is haphazard and very odd in its functionality. Wordpress and drupals systems fell short and e107 is ok but needs some tweaking and is not great on the SEO side.

Can anyone advise the best system to use

I will be putting my rating on the reviews and then want the users to put a rating on them and each needs multiple criteria

cheers

Danny, May 31, 2006 IP
  2. natsirtm

natsirtm Active Member

Best Answers:
    natsirtm, May 31, 2006 IP
  3. Danny

Danny Active Member

Best Answers:
    cool cheers mate

At the moment I am thinking of finding a simple rating script and then messign around with that from there

Danny, May 31, 2006 IP
  4. Danny

Danny Active Member

Best Answers:
    i have made a few changes to the Joomla one and it looks like I may have my first Joomla site. It is a big change from e107 but I am looking forward to the challenge

Danny, May 31, 2006 IP
  5. natsirtm

natsirtm Active Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG] I know I learn best by tearing something apart & modifying it as I put it back together.

xtdratings seems pretty solid. it shouldn't take too much effort to make it work the way you want. be sure to post the url when you're done (and if the modifications are well done & generically useful - i would think about making it available to the public.. people always think "this is my work I've done modifying it, why should I make it available".. to those people I say - TRAFFIC ;))

natsirtm, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  6. Danny

Danny Active Member

Best Answers:
    natsirtm. I agree, I often write a lot of plugins and mods for e107 so its time to do the same for joomla I think.

The site is going to be about beer so should be great. I played around last night and xtdratings is working at least to a standard I can use and improve later.

Daniel

Danny, Jun 1, 2006 IP