1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS With Very Customizable Workflow

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by litebulb1, Jun 11, 2008.

Im looking for a CMS that has a very nice user interface for dealing with the workflow. The site that I am trying to design needs a very custom workflow for user registration. For example:

User Regstration
    • Email Confirmation
    • Profile Picture Upload
      [*]Email Reminder If Not Uploaded​
      [*]Workflow Halted Until Profile Picture Uploaded​
    • Payment Information
    • User Added To Subscription Role
    • Email With Two PDF Attachments

The only other requirements would be ecommerce module that supports recurring payments. I have looked at cmsmatrix.org and installed about 15 different cms but with now luck.

Any help or suggestions would be grealy appreciated.

litebulb1, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, you have a few tricky requests in there. That sounds like a job for a custom site. You could get around some of your issues by integrating a forum to handle a few things but I suspect that is not what you are looking for.
    Joomla is easy enough to deal with but you will still need some custom coding. I don't think there is an out of the box solution to handle that. A good Drupal coder can do this for you for sure.
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  3. litebulb1

litebulb1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea I understand it it pretty custom but if anybody knows of a CMS that has a good workflow module that I could start with that would be awesome. One of the ones I was looking at was Jadu

litebulb1, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, while I don't like recommending joomla, I think it will get you the closest to your goal "out of the box" or Drupal. I get a bit bogged down with some of the Drupal terminology. I have always found that stuff a bit vexing. Your main hurdle is "requiring" an image upload for some sort of profile. If you can tell me what sort of site you are attempting to launch I can probably be of more assistance.

I don't quite get what you mean by the 2 pdf email attachment but aside from that and the image upload for the profile Joomla will do all of this and has a few subscription modules that will allow you to move users into different tiers of groups based on subscription level. Not all of them are free but they are pretty cheap.

Conversely, from a php standpoint, you could simply add a conditional check to handle the profile image issue during the registration process but you would have to integrate this into the template etc. In fact, if you use joomla with community builder, members have a bit of a profile sort of cobbled together. Which leaves you with only the email stuff left to deal with. Off the top of my head that is as close as I can get you using a free system. Feel free to ask questions, I like a good mental challenge from time to time.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  5. litebulb1

litebulb1 Peon

Best Answers:
    The website is for a rock climbing gym that is open 24 hours a day so membership cards are a must. So the profile pictures are used to make the cards. Once the person has made their account and paid for the membership they will get access to the membership page that has the code to get into the building.

If you have any ideas that would be greatly appreciated.

litebulb1, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  6. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, is the code member specific? Meaning, do you need the system to generate it? I am guessing someone will take the image from the backend of the site and make the card manually? It seems to me it would have to be a pretty good resolution in order to be able to print something(make the card). And finally, is this site simply to be a utility or tool, or do you anticipate folks engaging with one another on the site itself? For instance, would you use a forum, sell products from the website that you have inhouse? You could use a subscription module for recurring payments and use an e-commerce solution to sell ropes, carabeiners, ad space to vendors, etc. all simply plugged into the cms. Most of that stuff is actually fairly simple. Staff or member photoblogs, news and things of that nature would largely be a snap as well.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  7. litebulb1

litebulb1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes somebody will take the picture from the backend and print it out on the card. The site will mostly be a tool/utility for payment and keeping track of who is a current member. The forum we could worry about later if we really wanted one.

Do you know of any CMS that can do this out of the box? Thanks.

litebulb1, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  8. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, this whole conversation is about Joomla. You will have to use some plugins and do a bit of config but you can do this pretty much right out of the box.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jun 14, 2008 IP