1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CodeCanyon as a Market Place to Sell Software

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sarah_23, Nov 2, 2013.

?

How Useful you consider Codecanyon to sell digital products?

Poll closed Nov 2, 2014.
  1. Very Useful

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. A good alternative

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not Recommended

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Keep Away

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Hi,
    Recently i discovered a software marketplace website codecanyon.com (Evanto Group) where one can sell his/her software product to earn good amount. I saw authors earning a very handsome amount through selling software, then suddenly i noticed a point that the rates are lower than expected for software. Like a good ERP with all the essentials features are priced only $35. Like wise the maximum price of software in all categories is only $65.

I have few bootstrap HTML5 applications that are working just fine for my clients and i want to sell it over codecanyon to earn some more but need an expert advice before to proceed as i am not willing to sell my hard work for such a low price without very solid reason. Just need advice and guidance.

Thank you ..

sarah_23, Nov 2, 2013 IP
  2. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's a buyer's market. But developers make a ton.

If you don't sell, someone else will sell something similar to what you've made and will get the money you're not.

Just like Fiverr, you need to look at the type of marketplace it is and create products accordingly.

btw the url is .net, not .com

Traditione, Nov 2, 2013 IP
  3. sarah_23

sarah_23 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    actually i was curious to know the reason behind so low price for software.
    Like in example below, the hospital management system is so beautifully coded, well documentation and user friendly U.I and for me just $35 dollar is an insult to this app. (May be i am wrong, i don't know. I have just started in this industry)
    http://codecanyon.net/item/bayanno-hospital-management-system-pro/5814621

sarah_23, Nov 2, 2013 IP
  4. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's almost 2014. Literally children are coding well now, and have been for at least 10 years.

Webdesign has always been less-than appreciated, seen as "easy," and I don't think that perception will change as time goes on.

I mean, you can even look at article writing. Things got weird when $1 / 100 words became the norm, and now many charge $.50 / 100 words, and if you do your homework vetting the providers, the quality is the same and in some cases better than $2 / 100 words.

Working online, we're dealing with international markets and in that case, differences of currency and purchasing parity pushes prices down. Someone will always underbid you. You'll soon see a site comparable to the $35 one for $15.

Traditione, Nov 2, 2013 IP
  5. sarah_23

sarah_23 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hmm I got ur point sir. Thank u.

sarah_23, Nov 2, 2013 IP