1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Compensating Content Providers

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by tsptom, May 9, 2007.

I have a question about how sites, that are run as sole proprietors but use the services of others for content, compensate the contributors.

I have tried a few methods such as allowing others to write articles but let the author use their Adsense ID on the ads on that page. I have had people put their own PayPal donation buttons on their pages. I have allowed people to write articles in return for links and promotion to their site. I also let authors of a pay service put their service on my site, where I handle all of the transactions, in exchange for a percentage of subscription income. I have yet to just pay someone outright for content, such as a daily or weekly column but I thought that may be the way to go to get quality content.

I have really not read anything on this. What your ideas on the subject? How do you get more content that you can not do yourself and how do you compensate the contributors?

Thanks!

tsptom, May 9, 2007 IP
  2. tsptom

tsptom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone? :D

tsptom, May 11, 2007 IP
  3. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I pay a guy to write 15-20 pages per month @ $3/page for one of my sites.. I know/trust him so i know everything he writes is original.

Tearabite, May 11, 2007 IP
    tsptom likes this.
  4. tsptom

tsptom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. That's sounds reasonable. Is he from USA? The reason I ask is that I know people from "the east" charge less than "the west".

tsptom, May 11, 2007 IP
  5. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, from the USA, right down the street from me.. That way if i catch him trying to sell me copy & pasted stuff i can go kick his azz..

I'm not sure I would trust just anyone off the net..

Tearabite, May 11, 2007 IP