1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Competion sites - any thoughts

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MortenDK, Sep 19, 2013.

Hi all,

What are your thoughts on competition sites? I have been looking for scripts without much luck, anybody running a competion site which has some comments on what to be aware of when making one.

I am thinking of sites like this: http://www.competitioncrazy.com/

Thanks in advance.

Morten

MortenDK, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  2. pingpipe

pingpipe Active Member

Best Answers:
    It looks like there is revenue potential, but I'd check with a lawyer first to see if there is any legal issues with running a site like that in your country. You might have to change your business model or avoid using terms like "win money", which could possibly be (mis)considered as online gambling.

pingpipe, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Wow, I've never seen that site before. I think it's a great idea. I can see that potentially a site of that type can be used to scam people, though. People can come up with all sorts of believable competitions to scam others out of their money. I don't know how their moderation works, but it definitely should be a strong one if you want to run a similar site.

qwikad.com, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  4. MortenDK

MortenDK Member

Best Answers:
    Competition sites are very common in Denmark, and several local affiliate programs offer competions where you are paid for each lead (sign-up for the competition and normally a newsletter or simular). I thought this also would be the case worldwide and that there would be lots of scripts but I have not had any luck finding one. I have some ideas to how a site like that should look, so if anyone is interested in building and selling a script like that let me know and I will help, all I ask for is a free copy :)

MortenDK, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  5. Alin Alex

Alin Alex Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are alot of similar websites that offer competition of freebies.Most of them you have to complete a CPA offer to participate.They make alot of money with such sites...

Alin Alex, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  6. MortenDK

MortenDK Member

Best Answers:
    exactly, but I have not found any scripts for such sites...

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
    MortenDK, Sep 30, 2013 IP
  7. pboyle

pboyle Member

Best Answers:
    You can order any custom knockoff script in elance or odesk or many dev shops overseas. Just point them to the site, and pay them!

pboyle, Oct 1, 2013 IP