1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Competition ideas for Facebook / social to get likes / shares (For a local city site)

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by John D, Feb 21, 2013.

Hey,

I have a site for my area and I run competitions, I want to run one on Facebook for my site to get likes / shares so it will attract my current visitors' friends to my site.

I have 3000+ on my fb friendlist from my area - I would like to get something that will really be shared to promote the site through my current friends, not to get more friends on fb, but to get more visitors on my own site.

My site is a full social network, forum and a lot of information for users in the city, so it is related to social media, just more specific :)

I have been trying to think of a few ideas, competitions have worked well in the past but I have never used facebook for them.

Thanks for any ideas :)

John D, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  2. indotcom

indotcom Member

Best Answers:
    I think just post useful info with links to your site on your fb wall)

indotcom, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  3. zsofi.m

zsofi.m Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend to run sweepstakes and contests on your FB page. There are a lot of easy-to-use promotion builders, try out e.g. Antavo or woobox or others. It's a nice way to run such an app for your fans, they will love you for that. What's important to know is that you shouldn't do 'Like this image' or 'Share this post' kind of contests, because that's against FB rules, and your page can be banned for good. If you use a third party app, that's a simple way for this :))

zsofi.m, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  4. mediapak

mediapak Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was trying hard with 4 of my pages on Facebook for last 2 months and I am not able to get even 100 likes on any page. So I stopped using facebook for diverting traffic towards my website. Twitter is a good one I noticed and got a handsome amount of followers.

mediapak, Feb 22, 2013 IP