1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Competitor Stealing Your Website Content

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mattschmoldt, Apr 5, 2010.

1. dmca

dmca Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    I don't recommend you file your own DMCA takedown requests unless you really know what you are doing. We deal with them all day long and know all the ins and out of the various ISP's countries, rules, formats etc. We know staff at the bigger ISP copyright departments. You can do it yourself but a properly executed and professional first request is important.
    If you really want to get the stolen content removed you should visit dmca.com
    We can get it taken care of for $99 or your money back.
    Our success rate is almost 100% and our clients love us.

dmca, May 4, 2010 IP
  2. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    contacting google might not work.
    if my competitor will steal my contents, I'd probably would like to exchange links with his site.
    this way, readers can compare which site is better.

etc, May 4, 2010 IP
  3. Law-Dude

Law-Dude Active Member

Best Answers:
    DMCA notices are pretty much the standard if the website or file stealing your copyrighted content is hosted in the USA. However, I have noticed that ISPs tend to respond to them even outside of the United States, such as in Canada when Bit Torrent files are being used.

I have a free formatter for DMCA notices in my signature line. It costs nothing and it takes less than five minutes to fill out and print off for the mail or fax machine (whatever the host you're sending it to prefers).

Beyond that, you can also report the copyright infringement to advertisers on the page of the content. For example, Google AdSense has a little icon in the corner of their ads that you can click to report a website which is using content stolen from you. This is probably one of the easiest ways to hurt the content thief where it hurts.

Law-Dude, May 4, 2010 IP