1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Confused with Joomla versions

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Rankiz, Mar 7, 2011.

I just got vBulletin 4.1.1 up and running, but since the main goal with my site is the CMS and not the forum, I'm going to change.

I'm confused over Joomla, which version should I pick? After what I've heard Joomla 1.5 will supported for like 1 year from now on, but 1.6 will only be supported for some months before 1.7 comes. And then again, 1.6 do not have many plugins, extentions and themes, while 1.5 have lots of them.

Rankiz, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  2. Philipstraffic202

Philipstraffic202 Peon

Best Answers:
    Friends post some details even i want to know this

Philipstraffic202, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  3. kidd87

kidd87 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Most of the extension developers are already releasing Joomla 1.6 version of their product, So its better to
    go with Joomla 1.6 now, as it has many features better and faster than Joomla 1.5. So if it were my site i
    would go with Joomla 1.5 And if you want to install extensions whose 1.6 version are not available and you
    can't go on with that then it's best to go with 1.5 version or else you can contact the developer of the extension
    and ask him about the status of the 1.6 version of the product. :)

Regards
    Yas
    Wavesquare, India

kidd87, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  4. industech

industech Peon

Best Answers:
    Yas is right.. joomla 1.5 is widely used and you can find many extensions for this version while joomla 1.6 is not having much but it faster, SEO friendly and many advantages over 1.6..

so choosing from 1.5 and 1.6 depend upon the requirements. if you can find the extensions for 1.6 then go for it otherwise better to stay with 1.5 or you may contact developers to convert 1.5 extensions to 1.6, we can do it for you as well

Regards
    Jameel
    industechnologies.co
    itechshop.org

industech, Mar 8, 2011 IP