1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content is King - for webmasters.

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in, Jun 3, 2006.

Creating good content is one of the main problems for webmasters. Now article websites solve the problem of webmasters.

Publishers and webmasters gain easy access to best articles for reprint on your ezines and/or websites. Please post your opinion about this article website.

2. forumrating

forumrating Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i agree content is king , its not that difficult to create your own content, if you have knowledge you can write your own articles, it doesnt take such big pain to create a article, only thing is keep in mind some one is gona read it, if you satisfy your reader , you should consider yourself sucessful, also you get a great feeling from inside when your own content is appreciated.

the point on reprint of the articles you can do that giving link to the author of the article, fair enough to keep the writer happy.

forumrating, Jun 3, 2006 IP
  3. DaVe™

DaVe™ Peon

Best Answers:
    unless you rewrite all the articles, then your going to be penalised for duplicate content

DaVe™, Jun 3, 2006 IP
  4. promotion

promotion Banned

Best Answers:
    This is a good idea, so i'm going to launch a article directory very soon. All are invited to submit their articles.

promotion, Jun 4, 2006 IP
  5. sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You get free script from http://www.articledashboard.com

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  6. Zybatsu

Zybatsu Peon

Best Answers:
    DaVe - can you expand a little on the duplicate content penalty? Is it a severe penalty? I have a small article directory with member generated content (which I am sure is not all original) and am concerned with the long term impact. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Zybatsu, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  7. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the phrase should be updated to: "Original content is king!"

The search engines are getting much better at detecting and ignoring duplicate content.

From what you have said, I'd be less concerned about being penalized by search engines for duplicate content and more concerned about copyright violations and DMCA cease and desist notices. Plagiarism is becoming a bigger problem and copyright owners have little time or patience for going to the site in question to get copyright violations resolved. Instead it is easier and quicker to simply send a DMCA take down notice to the web hosting provider who often times takes the site down once confirming the violation. This can cause a website outage while the violation can be resolved.

KLB, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  8. GULLIVER

GULLIVER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One question!

What if I'm a webmaster of a news site (for example newspaper website) and therefor not all the news are our own. Mentioning the source are from news agencies.
    Will I get penalized, or there are specific categories for that???

GULLIVER, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  9. xeno

xeno Peon

Best Answers:
    xeno, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  10. xeno

xeno Peon

Best Answers:
    xeno, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  11. GULLIVER

GULLIVER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ooo. Now I used copyscape and check one the most popular websites for a specific keywords and guess what? there are sooo many duplicates, but that site runs very very good and is very very popular. Can anybody explain this!

And you didn't answer about the sources. Are there any website which content you can use and don't get a penalty, like news agencies?

GULLIVER, Jun 29, 2006 IP
  12. neth

neth Peon

Best Answers:
    Such a nice tool, thanks for sharing :)

neth, Jun 30, 2006 IP
  13. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    I subscribe my important content pages to copyscape. They are very good about finding plagiarism. Oftentimes they find acts of plagiarism within a couple of days of the offense.

KLB, Jun 30, 2006 IP
  14. Diddy1

Diddy1 Peon

Best Answers:
    The thing about article websites is they have conditions on using their content. Like using the article as is, which means you may have to have links in there you don't want to opponets' websites perhaps.

Thank You

Diddy1, Jun 30, 2006 IP
  15. depiction

depiction Active Member

Best Answers:
    For most websires, I agree. Content is king.

depiction, Jul 3, 2006 IP
  16. bookscanning.com

bookscanning.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Use public domain content and rewrite it.

Timo

bookscanning.com, Jul 7, 2006 IP
  17. digitome

digitome Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you allowed to rewrite public domain content? I thought you could publish it but only as is?

digitome, Jul 7, 2006 IP
  18. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    You may be confusing public domain content with content that is protected with a GNU or Collective Commons licenses. With GNU and Collective Commons licenses there are still limitations on how content protected in this manner can be used. With public domain content you can do anything your heart desires with it.

The caveat is that you should assume that ALL content is protected by a copyright unless you see explicit notice otherwise and/or you know for certain that the content is in the public domain (for instance the work is over 100 years old). Even some government documents can be copyrighted.

KLB, Jul 7, 2006 IP
  19. decent-lord

decent-lord Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah thats the fact that content is king for webmasters.

decent-lord, Jul 7, 2006 IP