1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content Management plug-in that can be used on custom designed websites?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by mingis, Jul 30, 2008.

Hi there,

Does anyone know of a good Content Management plug-in that can be used on custom designed websites?

It really doesn’t have to be anything sophisticated, just a simple news/events page that someone without any HTML skills could use.

I am a work-from-home web designer and make a lot of small-medium sized sites for startup businesses.

One of the biggest questions I’m asked is ‘how do we get our ranking up on the search engines’. The most obvious response is to frequently add relevant content, however small/medium sized businesses do not have the budget to pay a web-designer to constantly update the site.

Therefore what I’m looking for is a very simple script/ plugin that allows a novice user to add content (e.g. blog style) to one of my custom designed websites.

I could write something very basic, but ideally I would like something with a rich HTML interface so the user can make simple formatting changes (e.g. bold, italic - just like posting on this forum!) and maybe a bit of functionality such as setting a publish/ expiry date.

I would be most grateful for any recommendations. (p.s. I work in PHP).

Cheers,
    Al.

mingis, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  2. Dootch

Dootch Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dootch, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  3. thundercow

thundercow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    CushyCMS definitely works for this...but they have their brand all over that thing on the non-paid version. Does anyone know of an open-source version that can be privately branded?

thundercow, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  4. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can't "plug in" CMS. It's an architecture requirement.

CushyCMS is a hosted service meaning that you have zero control if they should change their TOS or decide to flood your site with ads or whatever.

If you want simple take the time to learn Wordpress and find a good template designer. NO free lunch.

You can easily implement wordpress as an add on in a subdirectory or folder to an existing site.

internetmarketingiq, Dec 19, 2008 IP