1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content Management system idea

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Theozard, Jul 22, 2007.

Just wanted to write something in php and mysql so i thought of building a content management system. Now there are far too many of them and i can't figure how i can make one that would actually help people(it's gonna be open source)
    -From normal portals to blogs to digg like CMS's are taken up..i was wondering if anyone has any ideas on any content management..maybe something that they wanted but could not get etc..

Any ideas/suggestions would really help

Thanks!

Theozard, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  2. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    in my opinion, writing cms is very difficult to do. there are so many good cms system like joomla. and they are developing with a team.

i hope you will get success for your cms :)

trichnosis, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  3. uniqueasitis

uniqueasitis Peon

Best Answers:
    I am doing the same thing and what I have seen is that people want a simple cms which does not have an overkill of features but offers just what is needed to quickly set up a professional looking website.

uniqueasitis, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  4. Theozard

Theozard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies guys
    trichnosis: I totally understand what you mean but the thing is that i already know that it's difficult to come up to the level of wordpress and joomla etc and that is not my goal! My goal is to just make something that can atleast help out certain people who might have something in mind and would want to get it done in a easier way and thus make it easier for them

Someone suggested me to make a CMS for people who sell templates..sounds real good to me and i think i'll be working on that.
    If anyone has any other ideas, feedback would really help :)

Theozard, Jul 22, 2007 IP