1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content Management System

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by max196, Feb 3, 2009.

Hello Webmasters, :)

I have my games website with more than 700 pages. My site is 1year old. When i add a game daily, i create a game's name folder & upload a index file in that. So that its path becomes mygamesitename dot com/gamename/

Therefore I have more than 700 folders on my server. It's a shared hosting plan. I daily submit sitemap. But friends google only shows approx. 300 pages of my site & it doesn't increase more. I think maximum number of folder is making my server to respond slow. Am I right?

I know some basic of html, php, mysql & apache. but i am not a masters. I think use of Content Management System will be best for my website. I cann't afford paid one they are so costly. Can you suggest me free one? Actually I tried Joomla but don't know it will be good or bad.
    Please suggest me

Thank You!

max196, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  2. plugandplay

plugandplay Peon

Best Answers:
    WordPress should work for you (you can upload media), it's free and you can probably find a free theme that fits your site.

plugandplay, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  3. sowers

sowers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend JOOMLA

sowers, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  4. leebari

leebari Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend MODx, it is SEO friendly and free. Just don't forget to turn on URL rewriting and make sure that all the pages in CMS have the same URLs as the static ones.

leebari, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  5. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    While WordPress would work your posts get buried over time.

Joomla on the other hand allows you to easily manipulate your post in any order you want.

This post is old I just noticed. Oops.

internetmarketingiq, Oct 2, 2009 IP