1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content Moderation Best Practices ??

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by flagsofourworld, Dec 13, 2007.

I am running a social networking (Q&A type) site with nearly 200-300 entries a day. Length of entry varies based on the subject but average is about a few paragraphs. We constantly moderate the entries for two reasons;
    1-Spell checking, categorizing the entries if need be
    2-Removing duplicate entries (if the same or similar question is asked by the same or a different user over and over again) or other entries that are irrelevant, obscene and such.

This brings about issues in the future where we have more daily entries. The site is fully custom built, including the moderation portion of it and can further be customized. Is there some sort of CMS with spell checking capabilities, or other plug-ins, add-ons, modules that can handle at least the spell checking portion before the entries are displayed to the moderators?

How do sites such as wikipedia manage their content and delete the irrelevant or non-credible ones? I know they have a sleuth of admins, but is that all? Sheer human power? or can this system actually be more automated?

Appreciate all the feedback..

flagsofourworld, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  2. movieago

movieago Guest

Best Answers:
    I have not seen a spell checker that automates itself, however why not offer a spell checker for the people who
    are posting info to your site?. Giving them the option to check their own spelling would probably make your job a lot easyer.

movieago, Dec 13, 2007 IP