1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content site- Static pages or Blog ?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by tradester, May 12, 2008.

Hi
    Say you want to build a content site with articles only and then later sell advertising space on the pages of your site.
    Is it better to do static html pages or do blog using CMS like Wordpress?
    In terms of SEO, what is difference between static pages and blog pages?

tradester, May 12, 2008 IP
  2. supergoz

supergoz Peon

Best Answers:
    If there will be no visitor interaction, I prefer static sites. For dynamic sites, additional plug-in may be required to insert / manipulate ads and/or functionality, whereas html is always html and you can do whatever you want to do. If there will be min user action, I would go (and I did) with static. As far as SEO is concerned, I notice no difference. If you have quality backlinks, big G will always crawl and index your site properly.

supergoz, May 13, 2008 IP
  3. bragn

bragn Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with supergoz. Also, if you're planning to make no updates (except placing ads) after publishing the site, do not use a CMS - constant upgrades will become a pain in the ... ;/ If the CMS has friendly urls (like domain.com/article-name), there is no difference in SEO. Otherwise (in the exemplary case of domain.com/article.php?id=123) the static page has the upper hand, since you're easily able to place the article title in the html file name.

bragn, May 13, 2008 IP