1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Copy of my page - is this cache a problem

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dominic, Feb 1, 2005.

I have no idea why they have taken a cached copy of this page but want to know if this practice is harmful to our page / site in any way.

This is our page: www.homeless.org.au/runaways.htm

This is the cached copy: http:// runaways-the.celebrityblog.net/cache.cgi/000100A/http/www.homeless.org.au/runaways.htm

Dominic, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  2. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, i think it is harmless. But it looks nasty. You might want to let the doctor take a look at it..... :p :eek:

MELLA, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  3. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    Well; I'm not a doctor; not even an expert; but I would ask them to remove it. Duplicate content and all that jazz.

At first glance it looks like a 302 redirect; but a header check does show a 200 ok. Again; I'm not an expert. Someone else should offer their opinion.

flawebworks, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  4. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I found it by doing a search: inurl:www.mysite.com as I had read somewhere about it revealing such practices.

Our page is pr5 and the dupe is pr0 so it won't bump us out, but want to know if it will cause any other problems.

Anyone experienced with this sort of thing causing harm?

Dominic, Feb 1, 2005 IP