1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Create a Ringtone Website.

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by GH Fever, Jul 27, 2008.

Hey guys, i've got a few questions.

1) If I would like to go ahead with this project, would it be legal to make ringtones and charge for them? I know that many websites out there don't have all the "copyright and trademarks" for each song they have on there website. Some of them are just too flaky. Do they get around it by charging your cellphone bill for the "premium texting"?

2) How could I make people pay for the ringtones? Would I have to charge there cell phone? Or should I just charge say $1.99 via ringtone? I find it very easy to create quality ringtones for myself, so I don't need $5 a ringtone! What kind of system would I need to do this?

3) Would it be profitable? I know ringtones are a great niche, but do you think it's still possible to make money from the niche with all the other ringtone sites out there?

Thanks so much in advance!

GH Fever, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  2. jac4593

jac4593 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well in my opinion you've came in a bit to late to the ringtone Biz, but if your willing to put in enough money and dedication it could work.

But to be honest with you I don't know anyone who would buy a ringtone, I mean its cheaper to buy it on iTunes etc, but I guess some people that are miles behind the times technology wise would still buy them.

jac4593, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  3. GH Fever

GH Fever Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I know plenty of people that buy them still.

While Google searching, I saw that it was NOT illegal to make ringtones for YOURSELF and your PERSONAL use, but it was to SELL ringtones. =/

So how do these sites do it? Is it because they charge the cell phone carrier a 'subscription' rate and then provide "free" ringtones for personal use? Because that seems like an easy way to get around it.

But how would you go about charging Verizon or AT&T?

GH Fever, Jul 27, 2008 IP