1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

create technical documentation for developers

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by rajeeilan, Jan 19, 2008.

hi

i have to create technical documentation (providing information about i/ps,o/ps) for developers for my new project billing software in web application

any sample documentation

help me

rajeeilan, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  2. ngcoders

ngcoders Active Member

Best Answers:
    please look into doxygen or phpdoc for php.

ngcoders, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  3. TwistMyArm

TwistMyArm Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely... Doxygen or phpdoc. Having said that, phpdoc chokes on big projects I find, so I generally use Doxygen.

TwistMyArm, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  4. danparks

danparks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree regarding Doxygen. It's free and pretty easy to use. It "self-documents" your code. Not every individual line of code, of course, but rather it's great for supplying consistent documentation to classes/methods/functions. I've used it in industry as well as for project or two of my own.

Dan

danparks, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  5. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    Doxygen is one very very good option indeed, but I have another idea: a wiki.

Most open-source projects like firefox, inkscape, scribus all use wiki's to do the documentation in. It's worth a look.

One wiki that's opensource and free to use that was designed *specifically* for creating good looking, easy to edit documentation is DOKUWIKI

test out dokuwiki and other content management systems online for free at opensourcecms(dot)com

best of luck with your documentation project, it'll be fun to organize I'm sure *rolls eyes*

innovati, Feb 18, 2008 IP