1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

create xp icons

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by phd, May 16, 2006.

Hi,

The looks of xp type of icons are really cool. I've seen many sites which sales this kind of icons and images.

I really want to know which effect does the image makes it looks like xp. I mean how to create xp icons.

Please share your experience.

phd, May 16, 2006 IP
  2. aspidov

aspidov Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    basicly, its all about gradients. make a blue circle in photoshop then make another one on top of that and fill it from white to transparent (top to bottom) and move it a few pixels down, now set that transparent circle to 50% opacity and you have a start.

aspidov, May 16, 2006 IP
  3. mariush

mariush Peon

Best Answers:
    There's a very good post about how icons are in Windows XP are made on:

http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/

There's also a place somewhere in MSDN that teaches you how the icons are made but it would be faster to simply search the blog, read the post and find the link to the msdn place in that post.

You'll have to search for it because it was posted last year and I can't do it for you because the company's firewall doesn't like some "bad" words that appear on the main page of the site.

mariush, May 17, 2006 IP
  4. loress

loress Peon

Best Answers:
    loress, May 17, 2006 IP