1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating a Template or Install Package for sub-organizations

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by gardnerjedi11, Jan 2, 2012.

I have an organization (ex: "Gardner's Jedis") which has hundreds of sub organizations, or "sects". I'd like to provide a "Gardner's Jedis" template to each sect, so that each sect has a clean looking site.

I can obviously create a template, but I also want to have control over certain widgets or plug ins - for example, I want to be able to make sure that the sect CANNOT REMOVE a "Jedis calendar" widget, which makes calls to the national site to display a national calendar. I'd also like to make sure they cannot remove an advertisement code block that will make calls to the national site to display a national advertiser.

Simply put, is there a way I can create a "locked down" WordPress install package that will allow users freedom to add their own content and plug ins, but not remove the "default" ones that I provide?

I'd like them each to host the site on their own hosting, however if I have to in order to achieve my goal, I can force them to host the site on my server.

I realize that I can never totally prevent them gaining access to the code. However, I'd like to be able to "lock it down" such that can't simply click a "Remove Plugin" button.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
    gardnerjedi11, Jan 2, 2012 IP