1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating Photo/Video Galleries On Local Computer Based On Folder Contents

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by GalleryHelp, Mar 26, 2008.

Hello,

I have hundreds of pictures and videos on my computer, that are extremely well organized. But viewing them is a bit of a pain sometimes, because the folder icon gets in the way of clearly seeing what's in it.

I want to be able to view photos and videos on my computer in the same way that I can view them on sites like flickr.com, except they would only be available on my local machine.

I want to be able to do the following things:

1) All of my pictures and videos are currently stored in a folder called "Family".

In "Family", I have about 5 or 6 main folders like "2005", which leads to things that happened in 2005.

In "2005" there are a bunch of folders, like "Gallery 1". Gallery 1 might have 100+ pictures in it, and so forth.

2) I need something that will basically copy the structure of all of the folders in "Family" and turn it into a big gallery on my computer, based on the names of the folders that exist there.

3) I want to be able to customize the main thumbnail that would appear for the section "2005", "Gallery 1", and so forth. If I don't customize it, I want the thumbnail to be a random image taken from that folder.

4) I want to be able to manually assign a number to a gallery, stating the number of pictures and/or videos that are in it.

5) I want the gallery to automatically state the number of pictures and/or videos that are in it.

6) I want to be able to categorize galleries.

7) I want a section where I can randomly generate a gallery based on categories.

These are my basic requirements so far. What are my options? Should I get something developed, or does something similar to this exist already?

Thank you.

GalleryHelp, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  2. acamar

acamar Peon

Best Answers:
    acamar, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  3. GalleryHelp

GalleryHelp Peon

Best Answers:
    But what about having something that has more of a web interface on my computer? When I viewing galleries, I want it to look like I am on the web, even though I am not.

GalleryHelp, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  4. GalleryHelp

GalleryHelp Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this even possible to do?

GalleryHelp, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  5. acamar

acamar Peon

Best Answers:
    Picassa or ACDSee can lets you make presentations, photo-CDs, and even generate web galleries that you can watch off-line or upload it in your web space !

acamar, Mar 29, 2008 IP