1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating 'realistic' interface in photoshop?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Hecky, Jan 24, 2010.

Hi,

I just wanted to know whether anyone had any goog tips or tutorials to share about how to create good looking realistic textures/materials for use in web design.

One particular example would be the borders around the world of warcraft website, which are done exceptionally well.

Thanks
    Hecky.

Hecky, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  2. Rukiara

Rukiara Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey I'm no pro at photoshop, but have you tried deviantart? They tend to have a ton of tutorials and what not, you -might- be able to find what you are looking for there.

Rukiara, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  3. designz

designz Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry there wont be tutorials that can create this extremely high level of design. There will be many tutorials on how to create textures and most of the skills needed to pull this off. But not one tutorial or a few will give you a step by step walk through.

My advise is practice practice practice. Find tutorials and practice the skills learned and use them on a new project. That interface design can be easily replicated if you have the skill. Its not that heavy on the graphics and to be fair its pretty easy to do if your experienced.

designz, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  4. Piggy

Piggy Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are many brush sets out there that can help aid in creating realist effects, you've just gotta know how to use them right.

I don't have the link, but a month or so ago there was a topic around here with 50+ tutorial websites. I'm sure if you searched Tutorial with the Search function in this forum you'd find it.

Piggy, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  5. Hecky

Hecky Like a Dungeon Dragon!

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but this about drawing - not using brushes. A brush may be able to apply a texture to something, but it wont draw it for you.

Hecky, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  6. Firejerm

Firejerm Peon

Best Answers:
    Im into photoshop quite a bit. This sounds like a good idea for a tutorial. Ill work on one and post or send you the link, depending on if this thread is still up. what kind of look are you trying to do? i can replicate the WOW site border. but is there anything specific you want to do? let me know.

Firejerm, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  7. Firejerm

Firejerm Peon

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Is this close enough to the wow site? The tutorial should be up soon.
    also note i made this quick low detail run through with out using any special brushes, textures or anything else.
    Everything you see here is done using what photoshop cs3 comes with. Just think, i never even tried to detail it yet....

Firejerm, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  8. Hecky

Hecky Like a Dungeon Dragon!

Best Answers:
    That looks pretty cool - nice one Firejerm! I'd say you should use the sharpen filter on that and maybe use a few texture brushes and it'd look amazing :)

Hecky, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  9. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    I use some of the free photoshop sites listed on site below. They might have a few good photoshop tips your looking for.

Photoshop tutorials.

rcj662, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  10. Firejerm

Firejerm Peon

Best Answers:
    after speaking with the wow site designers, they created their own texture brushes. All i did was make a quick example of what you can do without them. it still needs some more lighting work and such, but overall to do what they did you have to create your own textures. this will also be implemented in the tut. when i get it done...

Firejerm, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  11. photoshopsoc

photoshopsoc Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey do you need step by step tutorials?... Photoshopsociety.org have really tutorials for Photoshop Beginners and Experts..

"Old to Young" is really interesting Photoshop tutorial in the website.

photoshopsoc, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  12. rapidtroop

rapidtroop Guest

Best Answers:
    wow..firejerm..
    nice..

rapidtroop, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  13. Firejerm

Firejerm Peon

Best Answers:
    thanx, im currently not able to do anything right now, but i should be getting back in the game pretty soon.

Firejerm, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  14. LaneMiller

LaneMiller Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest a good brush tool...

LaneMiller, Mar 11, 2010 IP