1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating Static Front Page, Help Needed.

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Chevy_Camaro, Jun 6, 2010.

Hello All, I’m running an active vbulletin board related to automobiles and now I soon plan to put up a “proper” website as homepage which would have an apparent link to Forums, About us etc. on navbar. I considered using some CMS like Joomla! Or Wordpress but nothing seems to work much, they don’t offer what exactly I want. These CMS based softwares have a Blog like front page format which needs to be updated timely and I’m intentionally avoiding to go for one since I won’t be able to spare much time in future to update news and you guys know well how happening automobile industry is nowadays.

So coming straight to the point, I’m looking to get a site very similar to this (autonagar.com) where guests can select car brand, car name and all details about the selected car will appear to them + there will be a couple of widgets on left or right side + links on navbar like I told previously. I’m completely clueless on how get a site similar to that format and I'd like to inform in advance, that I am not in a situation to spend $$ for building up a website, Moreover, I’ve near to zero knowledge on PHP and MySQL. So, it would be awesome if some free one-click install software in fantastico can do this job and I don’t mind spending some time in modifying one. Please guide.

PS: I'm currently with Shared Hosting.

Cheers!

Chevy_Camaro, Jun 6, 2010 IP