1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Credit Card Dispute Help?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by gabdub, May 26, 2011.

Hello,

I operate a medium sized online business and last month my hosting company automatically charged me 600USD without my authorization.

After receiving this automated charge I contact my hosting company via a support ticket aswell as over the phone. Their staff told me that I would get a phone call back ... which I never did. I sent multiple e-mails to management asking why I was being billed with no response. The next day I managed to get hold of the COO who didn't assist me at all. He said that I'm lucky that they aren't charging me more; which is complete bull. I've worked with many hosting companies in the industry and never have I had this issue before. The fact that they are trying to charge for electonic e-mails is ridiculous.

They claimed that the $600 USD fee was for attorney fees for receiving dmca take down notices e-mailed to their DMCA department who then e-mailed them to me. Originally they tried to charge me $13000 USD how-ever the payment didn't go through on my credit card.

This all occurred after I told them that I was canceling my webhosting. No where on their website does it state that they charge for e-mail regarding DMCA and I think it's absurd that they are trying to charge me for an e-mail.

Anyhow, Tomorrow I need to send in my dispute to my credit card company and I want to make sure I win the case because this company is stealing my money.

I was hopping that someone could assist me with putting the correct word together so that its clear for my credit card company. I am the victim here and I want my money back.

Thanks in advanced!

gabdub, May 26, 2011 IP
  2. NewTier

NewTier Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Send me a message! I've dealt with this problem before!

If they do that, threaten to switch hosting companies and complain that what you're being charged is EXCESSIVE!

Dispute with the credit card company and MOVE your files away!

I can help you find a no DMCA hosting company if you're interested at less than whatever you're paying right now!

Just PM me, your site, and specs required

NewTier, May 26, 2011 IP
  3. gabdub

gabdub Member

Best Answers:
    Hello DMCA isn't an issue for me. I dealt with the DMCA take down notices within 12 hours of receiving he e-mails from my hosting provider.

I've since move to a new webhosting company and am just trying to recover the money that they automatically billed me.

I will send you a message shortly.

gabdub, May 26, 2011 IP
  4. dreamtoget

dreamtoget Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello friend. First do mention the name of hosting company. I am SEOist. I will create negative reviews about that company. How the hell they can charge 600 USD? without your confirmation!. Please do mention that company name along with some screen shots what they did for you. This is surely bounce when people search about their hosting company in GOOGle.

dreamtoget, May 27, 2011 IP
  5. Kiopa_Matt

Kiopa_Matt Peon

Best Answers:
    Just make sure within the letter you send to the credit card company, include the hosting company's TOS, which (hopefully) says nothing about being charged for DMCA notices.

Kiopa_Matt, May 28, 2011 IP