1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CS-Cart vs Interspire Shopping Cart vs Ultracart

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Bob Mill, Oct 1, 2008.

Hi guys (and girls),

My friend is considering starting an eCommerce website. He already has a website through which he sells products, but it is almost manually maintained (static HTML) and he has a hard time catching up with all the updates, as his sales have been increasing ever since.

He is interested in investing in shopping cart software. He asked me to try googling for reviews, and here I am - I'm asking you. I ran onto several, the Ultracart, Interspire Shopping Cart and CS-Cart. So far, I find Interspire Shopping Cart most promising.

What do you think?

Thank you
    Deusdies

Bob Mill, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  2. pyro530

pyro530 Peon

Best Answers:
    From what i understand Interspire has a lot of problems with the coupon codes. Unless they have fixed that since I looked at a few months ago.
    I ended up going with CS-Cart

pyro530, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    While there is certainly some conventional wisdom in using a paid solution, you can do just fine without one.

Prestshop is nice and under pretty fast development.. Or...

Magento is enterprise level stuff chock full of marketing features. It takes a bit of tuning if you have a ton of products. That stuff is quite fun to play with.

As for the paid stuff, interspire is quite sound.

hope that helps.
    Nigel

EDIT: DOH I fell for a year old post :eek:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
    Nigel Lew, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  4. andycanada

andycanada Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I have tried many, many shopping carts before and must say one:

I love CS-Cart, I moved to X-Cart 2 moths ago but have recently decided to go back to CS-Cart after much reviewing of another scripts.
    Interspire SC was my second choice, and there are still a couple of features that I would love to see in CS Cart.

1. (and I know this is a big mod) proper order management and partial shipping of orders/individual item shipping. This would then allow for proper back orders, part payment of orders, etc etc.

2. The order process in the admin is excellent. Select customer or new customer or anon customer first, then on same page add products using ajax seach on SKU or description. Very clean process, very fast (important when you have a customer on the phone).

3. Tracking numbers for all orders (haven't found this yet in CS).

4. Allow customer to buy product? Checkbox. When unticked, an option becomes available to display price or message to customer (useful as sometimes there are products available offline only but still want them in the store).

If you want to make a business then must have a little bit of money for begin. My experience with the all free open source carts is not the best. Sure they cost nothing, but if you need a help.... Yes your help desk is the Google only. I have a few online business sites and my last (and must say the best) choice was CS Cart. It cost realy "nothing" and you get all features, the best support (the Interspire is a nightmare) and 1 year free upgrades, all what a online store need. I don't buy my CS Cart licenses direct by the company, but from a reseller page webdesign-creative.com, they sell it for $217, the price on the CS Cart site is $265, and they have often a special price (it is a coupon code) and you get yet $20 off the price. But I don't know if it's actualy, must looking on the site or on Google for cs cart coupon code.
    Yes guys, the TIME is money and if you want a free cart, then must spend 100+++ hours with setup, design, bugs, and, and, and....

I am very satisfied with my CS Cart and trust me, if you want to make a serious business and want many of customers and visitors, then you need a serious tools to do it.

andycanada, Nov 3, 2009 IP