1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CS3, batches, watermarks and images of different sizes

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Rory M, Mar 6, 2010.

Hi all,

Let me firstly outline the situation. I'm trying to watermark a large volume of images. Situation outlined nicely I feel :D

So I've created a set of actions to place the watermark image into the document, save it for web & devices and move on to the next image. This is fine, however the watermark is placed slap bang in the centre of the image. And I can't simply tell Photoshop to translate it by a set amount because all the images are different sizes. So I'm pretty much snookered :confused:

What would be rather brilliant is if, instead of being centred, the place command put the image in the top left corner (0,0) for any image size. Any ideas or other solutions? I would be really grateful for some help with this one. I'm using CS3 btw :)

Rory M, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  2. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    When you create your actions, use Rulers. Then choose Percent as the Rulers measurement. It will then place the watermark in the same relative position.

- Dynashox -

dynashox, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  3. Rory M

Rory M Peon

Best Answers:
    Would it be possible to go into a tad more detail for me? I did try with the ruler tool but couldn't replicate what you were telling me to do. Thanks for the reply though :D

Rory M, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  4. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    What I meant is change the unit use for the Ruler to Percent instead of Inches (by default). You can do that by right clicking the Ruler and choose Percent. Then you can place the watermark on the images in the same relative position no matter what the size of the images.

- Dynashox -

dynashox, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  5. Rory M

Rory M Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

That worked a treat for most of the images, there is certainly much less variation now! However the watermark is still being placed in a different position and, strangely, in different sizes. As the images came from the same source surely this isn't a resolution thing? Thanks for all your help so far, I really appreciate it

Rory M, Mar 7, 2010 IP