1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Custom CMS Nightmare

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by ronskispeed, Apr 23, 2010.

Hi there

I have a site i am working on and after replacing the home directory files i can not update and of the pages and i get this error message

Warning: fopen(../about.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/centrals/private/includes/edit_pages.php on line 422

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/centrals/private/includes/edit_pages.php on line 423

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/centrals/private/includes/edit_pages.php on line 424

Warning: fopen(../../private/content/about.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/centrals/private/includes/edit_pages.php on line 427

I have tried changing the file permisions to 777 in filezilla but i feel like i am losing the battle.

Many thanks in advance

Ben

ronskispeed, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  2. axiaer

axiaer Peon

Best Answers:
    you might need to hire professional PHP expert assistance to get it back to track.

axiaer, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  3. tldagent

tldagent Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you administrator chmod your ownership from Nobody to your username on your hosting account. I see this quite a bit. Then have them chmod the enitre site to the correct permissions. Like on a linux server, 0755 for directories and 0644 for files. If they are owned by Nobody then that would create issues for you. This happens often when someone uploads like a zipped file of Joomla and unzips it on their server and installs that route... for example.

Submit support ticket to your Server Administrator and ask to chmod everything correctly then fine tune it as needed.

I'm guessing this is your problem so don't shoot me if I happen to be wrong.

tldagent, Apr 26, 2010 IP