1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Customer Service

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by E13 9AZ, Oct 15, 2005.

I would like my customers to be able to login to a section of my site with a unique pin code (or password) where they can simply check what stage of the transaction have been reached. (nothing fancy, nice and simple)

This is not a tracking software im looking for (we dont ship goods) we offer a service only, so it would be nice for customers to be able to log-in to see what stage of that service we are at.

Any pointers or ideas please ?

E13 9AZ, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Hi E13 9AZ

Is that a UK postcode or leet speak? Or are you just a WHU fan?

I'd recommend getting a tool like Mambo / Joomla (basically the same), Xoops or Drupal (check out their demos here)

These systems will take over the logging in tasks and control the general layout and formatting of the site.

Then you just need to concentrate on coding the specific parts for your business. The system will feed you the info on who is requesting the information and you just need to code for that info. All the systems will have tutorials and samples to get you started and the added bells and whistles will probably be useful later as your business grows.

For a highly modified Mambo site check out this client: PropertyTalk - most of the changes utilise the underlying structure but because it's part of a well thought out CMS it all hangs together really well.

I have other client sites that look equally well integrated but because they are a stack of systems knobbled together the back end administration is a nightmare. Pulling it all together will help in the long run.

sarahk, Oct 16, 2005 IP
  3. E13 9AZ

E13 9AZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much sarahk, that was a very thoughtful and useful post you did.

I decided to go with xoops from your list as it looked like something even i could work with. Its up and running on my site now already!

Btw: E13 9AZ the post code of the WHU, im a big fan :)

Thanks again sarahk, you have been a great help.

E13 9AZ, Oct 16, 2005 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  4. sirkarma

sirkarma Peon

Best Answers:
    if you need anything in regards of PHP programming you're more than welcome to PM me with anything you need. We have a dedicated staff of over 15 programmers for any task. E-Gold, CC accepted. Thanks.

sirkarma, Oct 17, 2007 IP