1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Damn Star Wars...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by fryman, May 20, 2005.

I told a friend yesterday that my traffic would start to go down in the afternoon today because all my visitors would be trying to see the Star Wars movie.

He laughed and said that it wasn't possible. Well, since 3 hours ago my traffic has sarted to drop like a rock, already 20% less than yesterday...

I guess I know my visitors too well... I can even predict when I will get more or less traffic to my site.

fryman, May 20, 2005 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  2. Epica

Epica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Should've thought ahead and had "Star Wars Episode III" content up for before and after the shows - Take advantage of all the Star Wars geeks ;)

Then you would be saying Yahoo Star Wars - heh :D

Epica, May 20, 2005 IP
  3. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Ah... never underestimate the force of the Fryman... :D

I already had loads of starwars content in my site since 2 weeks ago... and they have been driving some very nice trafic to it. Star Wars related keywords have been filling up my logs for the last few days

fryman, May 20, 2005 IP
  4. Epica

Epica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hehe - Go Fryman!! :D

Epica, May 20, 2005 IP
  5. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Then why are you complaining about it when over all the movie is giving you a lot MORE traffic?

Nintendo, May 20, 2005 IP
  6. Epica

Epica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats Fryman for you :) - heh

"Man, I only made 1 Billion dollars...it should have been at least 2 Billion" :mad:

hehe :rolleyes:

Epica, May 20, 2005 IP
  7. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    IF you read my post you can see that today I was having a traffic drop, since the weekend starts and everyone seems to be looking for a star wars ticket.

Weird, but after 9 p.m. my traffic started to rise again... looks like everyone was back from the movies :D

I hope tomorrow things get back to normal and these traffic drops stop... I hate seeing my graphs go down.

fryman, May 20, 2005 IP
  8. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Right, but over the last two weeks you've been geting a lot more traffic from adding the Star Wars stuff. So it's like complaining for geting MORE traffic over all!! I would LOVE to be able to complain for geting a lot more traffic!!! :D

Nintendo, May 21, 2005 IP