1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

database and CMS

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by ssaad29, Sep 22, 2008.

Our client will select a CMS in the next three months. It will be either OpenText,EMC or Vignette. In the interim, I would like to go ahead and start architecting the database. However, since most of the functionality will be handled by the CMS (workflow, content administration) I am not sure how much control I will have to give up on the database in order to use a CMS for these functions. I am looking for any advice on how best to handle using the database and having the tables be as custom as possible. Any pointers would be appreciated.

ssaad29, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  2. DadsCashBlog

DadsCashBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure what direction to give you. The only thing that jumps out to me is the extra customization - just thinking ahead is there are any updates that roll down and effect both core components and database tables. If you had an update to run what would that mean for your customized database? Just throwing that out there to think about for download the road - less headaches.

DadsCashBlog, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  3. ssaad29

ssaad29 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its probably not such a great idea for me to try to customize their generated tables but could I get the information out in xml perhaps to use with other features and tables outside of the CMS functions. Any expereince with this?

ssaad29, Sep 23, 2008 IP