1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Delay Before Sending 2nd Email Confirmation?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by aab1, Feb 15, 2013.

I noticed a considerable percentage of people that sign up to my eBay auction sniper service don't get the email with the confirmation link, so I've programmed the website to send a 2nd email with no links that simply asks to reply to the email to confirm their account which significantly increased the confirmation rate.

My question is how long after they sign up without having confirmed their account should it wait before sending the second email without a link? I have it set to 30 minutes, should I make it longer?

Is there also any issue with sending this 2nd confirmation email without a link? It's the 2nd and last email that ever gets sent unless they confirm their account.

Thanks

aab1, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  2. Advertence

Advertence Active Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I think 30 minutes is far too quick!
    Usually, I send out a reminder after 24 hours.
    Also, I remind users that unconfirmed accounts get removed automatically after 48 hours.

As for sending an email with or without the link, I don't think it makes much difference.

Hope that Helps.
    Col

Advertence, Feb 15, 2013 IP