1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Design a Favicon in Vector format

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Manald, Dec 21, 2008.

I was wondering if anyone can design my current Favicon in a vector format.

The favicon looks good 60 by 60 but when I zoom it down to 16 by 16 it gets fuzzy. I want to fix that problem.

If you are interested, please PM me. Ill pay you $20USD for this easy job.

Thanks!

Ormus

Manald, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  2. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    Um....in this application, where the icon is going to be a very small pixel size is when designers do it pixel-by-pixel, because vector paths become unpredictable at such small sizes.

Photoshop is wonderful for this application, zoom in so it fits the size of your screen, grab the pencil tool set to 1px and go to town!

In fact, I'll go as far as to say more illustrators (well, all professional illustrators) who create vector icons, will create custom bitmaps for 22x22 pixels and smaller because the interpolation of simply shrinking down the vector image doesn't do it justice.

What you want is a really skilled pixel artist. Totally opposite end of the spectrum from vector art.

innovati, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  3. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Bookmarked you for possible future use :) looks quite good, decent prices.

pipes, Dec 22, 2008 IP