1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Desktop Software Selling - Indian Market - Good Business?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Scriptoman, Sep 1, 2010.

Hello DPers,

I was planning to build a desktop based software, write it into CD, pack it in a box, seal it with license and sale it in market like how big softwares are sold in market today. I just went to a software market today and was shocked to see that there were just 2-3 software CDs available at stores. Why is that so? India have many developers and they do developed many applications then why they are not available in market?

Here is what I'm planning to do and need input from you guys:

I'm planning to build a billing desktop based software for retail or wholesale goods selling store. Will it show any kind of demand in India? and how the system works?

Let me frame down my questions below:

# Will such software show any kind of demand in Indian offline local market? i.e. in local software stores?

# What kind of registration would be required to sale such software legally and to avoid piracy?

# Is there any support providing issue? I mean I see many people go shop by shop and ask if they need software to be made then why dont they just wrap it up in a CD and sale out? Does it involve support issues?

# Can a simple billing software be sold with licensed security? Will it make sense?

I'm not sure what I actually want to know. I'm just confused right now.

I want to build software and sale it in market not sure how it will turn up and how it works. Just need any kind of input you guys could make into.

Hoping to get some good suggestions from Indian webmasters or someone who is in similar business.

Regards,
    Scriptoman

Scriptoman, Sep 1, 2010 IP