1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Developing and selling software...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by iScotts, Apr 26, 2011.

Hi everyone.
    Im looking for advice on the following.

OK If I were to open an online software development store where, i develop and sell my software.since i will outsource the software development part so i will have to pay the freelance developer in full and sell the soft to make the money back.

1. After how long should I estimate to get back the money i spent? I know it will depend on how much i spent but on average how long.

2. If it takes me 1 year to get the money I spent (from my own pocket), does that mean I wont make any profit until I have made the money back?

3. Being that im selling software and it it is a "buy once sell forever" type of product. How do i determine how much of the product i should , at least, sell every month. I know this will be determined by how much I have to spend every month like rent, hosting etc. But after all of that has been covered how much do I add in order to get back the money I spent to develop the software, assuming the cost it to much to be made in the first month?

4. How mcuh of the profit should i put back into the marketing?

5. Do i market the site or the product im selling.

iScotts, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  2. Jakiller

Jakiller Member

Best Answers:
    2. If it takes me 1 year to get the money I spent (from my own pocket), does that mean I wont make any profit until I have made the money back?

That one is pretty obvious, isnt it...?

Jakiller, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  3. iScotts

iScotts Active Member

Best Answers:
    What i meant by that one is does ALL the money go back back into paying back what i spent.

iScotts, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  4. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you must do Search Engine Optimization of your website. Try to make user friendly website related to your products. It increase your revenue.

jhardy2008, Apr 26, 2011 IP