1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Did online business make you quit your REAL JOB?..how much did you make b4 quitting?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by leoxurious, Aug 16, 2011.

:confused:..well alot of sales page talk about them quiting their real job because the found some kind of mega money making schemes online,sometimes its hard to belive..so i see and hear comments from REAL PEOPLE that have truely and really QUIT their job for some pot of gold theu found online..and please share with use what business you found that was so worthy enough to stick a sticky note on your bosses forehead telling him I QUIT!!!!:D:D

leoxurious, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  2. BitzDefender

BitzDefender Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I cannot imagine making a living with an online business like a blog. Maybe extra side cash, but not a living.

BitzDefender, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  3. GrantDraper

GrantDraper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not a blog, but I make my income from freelance writing and have done for a few years. I've probably made $5,000+ a year or so for the last 3 years from website sales & advertising as well.

GrantDraper, Aug 17, 2011 IP
  4. bizinstitute

bizinstitute Peon

Best Answers:
    Making a lot of money online is possible, but now it has come down to odds of maybe 1 in 20,000. You can make money, but smaller amounts. But nothing is easy or free. A few made millions, but those sites even went out of business. If you have a clear idea, check the competition, then just focus on it and go after it. Don't give up at first obstacle!

bizinstitute, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  5. volligraphy

volligraphy Peon

Best Answers:
    My goal in life is to make 5k a month with an online business. With that, then I can quit my day job assuming that the income is stable. Still alot of research has to be done.

volligraphy, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  6. leoxurious

leoxurious Member

Best Answers:
    yes i completely agree with you on that..some people have a hardtime choosing though

leoxurious, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  7. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have lost my job as a radio DJ 2 years ago and since the industry is 'dead', I had to think about something else. Already had a network of sites and developed as a web designer, so I took the plunge to become a freelance web designer and focus on my web business entirely. It's been 2 years. Not easy, but it worked. I now earn 4x more than I used with my previous job, can work from anywhere (am actually in NYC for some more weeks and I have my laptop with me) and it's a blast.

My sites make some money too. Let's say I almost get my old salary from the advertising.

dojodesign, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  8. leoxurious

leoxurious Member

Best Answers:
    Yours is the type of story i was waiting to hear when i created this thread...good to see you'v had challenges and the Internet now fills that financial void

leoxurious, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  9. newton-electrical

newton-electrical Peon

Best Answers:
    A friend of mine used to have a hobby going around yard sales and charity shops, buying anything that caught her eye and selling it on eBay. She made a few good sales of things that she'd bought for next to nothing which turned out to be quite rare so when she lost her job she went into it full time. She doesn't make quite as much money as her old job, but she enjoys it far more and it gives her time to spend with her family. She much prefers it to the 9-5 grind she was doing previously.

newton-electrical, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  10. adeel786

adeel786 Member

Best Answers:
    People are making millions online and you are just talking about full time income. Its hard in the beginning but once you get going, sky is the limit. You can make as much as you want online. Just gotta have a positive mind set and belief. If you dont have that, then go watch the movie "the secret". it changed my life ;)

adeel786, Aug 18, 2011 IP