1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Difference b/w modules and components

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by singh03, Aug 11, 2009.

HI Friends,
    Someone suggest me
    what is the main difference b/w modules and components?

singh03, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  2. auroraflash

auroraflash Peon

Best Answers:
    if you mean flash I can explain. The term component is usually applied to swc file which an be integrated into any flash site and customized through special "component viewer" tool. For example you can have static flash site and want to integrate a shopping cart. You get the flash component and integrate it. Recently the classic meaning of this term was affected by some sites that sell flash modules or flash files with some certain functionality. But as it was easier to promote them as "flash components"(there were some generic google traffic for this keyword) they corrupted the term. In fact they sell usual swf files as a rule based on xml data feed. During recent 2 years these 2 terms mixed up and now "flash component" is defacto standard both to swc and swf files.

auroraflash, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  3. Bratzilla

Bratzilla Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi. I'm assuming you are referring to a CMS. If so, which one?

The terms "module" and "component" mean VERY different things depending upon what you're referring to.

Bratzilla, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  4. auroraflash

auroraflash Peon

Best Answers:
    I am referring to flash CMS websites, like FlashmintCMS or Yooba or Wix.

auroraflash, Aug 12, 2009 IP