1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Different types of Online Businesses and Critics Please

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mpatel0407, Feb 14, 2010.

Ok we all know online business so to some degree, otherwise we would not be on this forum. I just wanted some opinions on different types of online businesses I have researching. I know about the regular monetizing your blog, content sites that provide users with a purpose of going to your site. I know about affiliate marketing and to niche down you targets.

Here is what I want critiqued.
    I have been reading on the web a lot about directory sites, with niche markets, like a directory site for spokespeople, or something to that nature.

Another thing I have been looking up is consulting, I thought that idea was very interesting. For example, SEO consulting on specific websites, how to make your e-commerce site flow better ect. Or any other type of consulting does not even have to relate to computers

Here is a crazy idea I found. Information broker online. I really do not know how would you sell it since it is so easy to fin information about anything on the web. But something to consider.

Another radical idea I came up with is somehow franchising the internet. I know they already have that with affiliate marketing. But wouldn't it be great if amazon, or a company with that big of name would allow their name to be used on other people's site like a franchise, this way the site seems legitamate. Also, amazon could provide great ways to increase traffic, how to and not to SEO, and how to sell their products. Still needs a bit of work, but just something to consider again.

We all know web design and such. But how about a web design broker? Like a person who is not really experienced in marketing their designs can sell to us. Probably someone already came up with that one.

Here are some of my business ideas just need some critiques on them.

Any other ideas would great. I want to try to make this thread an open discussion about business ventures and ideas that people have. I'll suggest that to Digital Point see if they pick it up about having a business idea's forums section. Critique that as well guys and gals.

mpatel0407, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  2. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have wrote out some experiences, and tutorials for people on DP over the years on things I have done myself, or still do myself. You can find the link in the sig.

When you are looking for ideas, you are going to get everything from celebrity sites, to PPC, affilaite marketing, site flipping, and web hosting. Each one is going to have it's draw backs.

No matter what you look into or pick, there are trade offs. Some require a decent chunk of change, others a lot of time, some have a steep learning curve or long time before you get a good ROI. You have to weigh those options before picking one.

After all, online is a business like any other. So a lot of the real world applications still apply to online businesses. You have to look at the options, the time and money you want to invest, what fits or excites you most, and make a decision.

Good luck.

Barefootsies, Feb 14, 2010 IP