1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digg About To Go Spammy

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Sem-Advance, Oct 10, 2006.

1. jlocke

jlocke Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone have any luck advertising there? I burned through gobs of adsense cash within a few hours with my Ad on the top of the home page most of the time and when you click on comments. I however did not get many clicks.

I think most of my budget was probably eaten up by people just refreshing for new comments and never looking at the Ad. I would imagine that a home page article these days will not result in much traffic considering all the new sections and since it will likely not stay there long.

jlocke, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  2. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think anybody will click on the ad's on digg. People like fasthosts just use it for branding.

mad4, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  3. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter what you do on the web or any where else in the world. People try to make money all the time and alot of them don't really worry to much on how they make it and what they do to other peoples business/ sites to do this.

Alot of sites get spammed and things, but sites that do get spammed find ways of dealing with it.

At the end of the day, it is there business that is being affected and they will do something about it rather than see their profitable business just go down the pan.

john269, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  4. treggs

treggs Peon

Best Answers:

you are wrong twat years old and its getting no worse so keep dreaming

treggs, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  5. treggs

treggs Peon

Best Answers:
    Google are 10 times better at preventing spam than any other web organisation, so I dont know why you think google need to catch up to dig, it was google who worked out how to stop the spam and saved the internet in the first place

treggs, Dec 4, 2008 IP