1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digg Alternatives

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by computerblue, Oct 4, 2006.

I have had my sites on a few of the social networking sites, and was wondering if anyone had similar experiences with the "other" social news sites, here is my ordered list (most to least traffic) of the sites I have been on.

1. reddit
    2. stumbleupon
    3. del.icio.us
    4. netscape (been on the homepage once, but started at the bottom and never moved up, traffic was crap, but I don't think I got the full-jolt)

Anyone have good experiences with getting traffic from other services I haven't been able to figure them out, and don't know if it's worth it to try (furl, magnolia, newsvine, etc)

Also I think with this user-generated craze that we are going through, we forget that there are a bunch of professionally edited link sites that can send a ton of traffic (hey if you've submitted to digg and got to the homepage, you should submit to the closed link sites, it's probably good enough content to get on).

Here's my list of the top traffic generators, please let me know more if you know of any, I'm looking!

1. slashdot (of course)
    2. gorillamask
    3. ebaumsworld
    4. college humor (hotlinks)
    5. i-am-bored

These are all good for over 2k additional uniques in a day (in most cases a ton more, but the return rate is low, low, low)

Anyone have other suggestions on either use gen traffic or quick editorial traffic?

computerblue, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  2. computerblue

computerblue Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone have other suggestions?

computerblue, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  3. britopian.com

britopian.com Peon

Best Answers:
    britopian.com, Oct 5, 2006 IP
    seobrien likes this.