1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digg.com front page traffic

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by frenchmen77, Dec 14, 2009.

To anybody that has had submissions on the front page of digg, how much traffic did it bring?

frenchmen77, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  2. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on the time of day and the amount of Diggs your post gets. I've had one post hit and gain upwards of 650 diggs (http://blog.jakerocheleau.com/2009/...s-starting-out-in-website-design-development/). My traffic got a large spike of about 8k uniques that day, but that wasn't from only digg it was also from it hitting on Delicious and StumbleUpon, too. Digg sent about 6,500 uniques that day.

My second article was actually an interview with a software engineer from digg (http://www.insidethewebb.com/2009/11/interview-with-a-digg-com-software-engineer-kurt-wilms/) which got about 350 diggs. This only brought me about 5,000 visitors that day, but it's slowly been bringing in traffic not only from digg but also Google and Yahoo!

Hitting digg won't make your blog the #1 blog all of a sudden, you still need to grind with your marketing even if you do end up on Digg's front page. But I will say once you see your article has been promoted to the front, it's a really good feeling to know you did it :)

Ascendancy, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  3. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    if you dont have a fast server, then it might very well bring down your server from overload :D

sultanofseo, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  4. Xactor201

Xactor201 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ascendancy, congratulations. Your article was very helpful actually - bookmarked.

Xactor201, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  5. kimperino1985

kimperino1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to have superfast server and got to use some kinda social book marking or article submission tools that can post things in bulk. Still we can not assure the required output.

kimperino1985, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  6. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Appreciate it, glad to see my posts helped. Which one was it that you bookmarked?

Ascendancy, Dec 14, 2009 IP