1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digg does NOT generate hits!

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Knewber, Jan 17, 2009.

1. gammo

gammo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digg is not good for driving traffic to your site now unlike when it was initially introduced. I have gone as far as making my one of my blogs "Digg Proof" by using the WordPress Super Cache plugin. After all, Digg is just a waste of time now anyhow. Unless you have loads of friends to Digg your posts, it makes no sense to even bother Digging them yourself.

gammo, Jan 17, 2009 IP
  2. orentodoros

orentodoros Peon

Best Answers:
    I had to jump in here to talk to you guys about HYPick.com Deffinitly not for the sake of spamming but it's very relevant to the discussion.

So I created HYPick.com as an easy way to post and share information with others on various subjects such as News, Health, Tech, Sports, Style, Showbiz, Random and some of the Not Safe For Work topics. You can have your say on just about anything that's on your mind. The most active topics get featured on HYPick's homepage based on activity. No good vote, bad vote system, just real people participation!

The HYPick community decides what the hottest stories are and what gets featured on the homepage.
    In other words, there's no Diggocracy errr, Democracy.

We've also developed a little Firestarter to help your content reach a whole new audience.

By pasting our Icon within your content pages, your audience can take your stories much further all stories shared from your site link back to you. Because HYPick's community is passionate about having their say, an entirely new discussion is created about your content. We were also featured on Luckystartups which you can watch the vid on our blog.

Your comments and participation would be greatly appreciated!

orentodoros, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  3. Knewber

Knewber Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your insightful post! You are the reason why only the pages submitted by popular users (even of they are poor quality) reach the front page.

Knewber, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  4. gr8webseller

gr8webseller Peon

Best Answers:
    if u work hard, you too can get a popular position. i too made 3 posts popular. and because of this i got most of the popular diggers as my friend. each and every story i submit will get min 100 diggs.

gr8webseller, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  5. sandchica

sandchica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can you tell us the steps on how to make our diggs popular. If not then what is the point of everyone else using it except to get indexed. Besides, being popular on digg is not the best thing to shoot for. Getting a site in a good position with google is a much better plan. In the end if you are a marketer it only matters if you are making sales no matter how you get them. I know of people who make incredible amounts of money even without google or digg. Most of them do it by sharing information with each other, Sharing traffic with each other etc. Networking is the way to go. imo

sandchica, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  6. loai24

loai24 Peon

Best Answers:
    try stumbleupon ... gives huge traffic.. after using it check your analytics... amazing...

loai24, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  7. dollarlife

dollarlife Peon

Best Answers:
    using digg does get u to the front page of google for your keyword.

i have used it and it works.

dollarlife, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  8. Knewber

Knewber Peon

Best Answers:
    So I guess once you break past the barrier of almost no Diggs to hitting the front page/popular section then it gets easier.

Yeah I know about Stumbleupon, but unless you have really good quality articles/videos then they only stay for like 5-10 seconds.

Knewber, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  9. herron_hero

herron_hero Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree, Digg has done well for me.

herron_hero, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  10. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digg is generating hits if your article is good.

Chancey, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  11. wibblet

wibblet Banned

Best Answers:
    I think it's nearly impossible to get a legit front page article like the OP said you would have to have an amazingly unique story to get a real front page and then from there I think it's cake.

wibblet, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  12. Knewber

Knewber Peon

Best Answers:
    You didn't read the original post did you?
    Maybe if it is good and you have like 50 friends to bump it up, otherwise the article has to be extraordinary.
    Exactly, unless you have a lot of mutual friends.

Knewber, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  13. btucker

btucker Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, i get good number of hits on digg. still i do not get position on front page of digg but i get sufficient hits and traffic. i think if u have very good list of friends and quality links, u will definitely get hits.

btucker, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  14. greatme

greatme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digg Generates good Traffic but if you got your story on Front page..You can get front page by adding Active friends on digg who can digg your story in not time...

greatme, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  15. sammyspam

sammyspam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digg is great for traffic if you make the front page, otherwise its just a backlink.

sammyspam, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  16. smartoptions777

smartoptions777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Digg is a great way of getting traffic, if it is used correctly!!!

smartoptions777, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  17. scweb

scweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digg works for me because I have a ton of friends on digg

scweb, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  18. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ever notice how some say it is working great for them, especially this blowhard, gr8webseller (who posts shit, JUST to post so he can be part of a group), but they don't show it?

Uh-huh.

copper12, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  19. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The reason Digg isnt working well for most of us is that it has been abused way too much. When people started trading Diggs, getting networks of "friends" to digg their stuff, paying for Diggs etc the entire system became doomed.

That being said I have seen some (but little) traffic coming from Digg, Stumble and similar sites to several of my websites when I didnt do anything myself.

In my opinion your time would be much better spent in writing, or buying, quality content for your sites. In the end the old saying "Content is King" will still hold true when gimmicks like Digg have been dug into the ground.

kentuckyslone, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  20. crazlunatic

crazlunatic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the site is really popular now. if you're a new site, being in the upcoming section is enough to score you a couple hundred hits and some exposure.

anyways the guys here are right, the more friends you have the more chances. so just have around 100 friends to digg your article lol

crazlunatic, Jan 19, 2009 IP