1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digg does NOT generate hits!

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Knewber, Jan 17, 2009.

1. atulperx

atulperx Banned

Best Answers:
    Digg and other social bookmark are always used to get indexed fast but what is the problem if we can get some more page views . Digg and other social bookmark helps to those guys who uses cpm add networks and get paid for as many as views they can get .

atulperx, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  2. lumpy

lumpy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's true. Digg is pretty useless for me. The only successful sites that get hits from Digg are CNN and Yahoo! News :D

Use Stumble

lumpy, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  3. orentodoros

orentodoros Peon

Best Answers:
    The whole Democracy of Digg "Diggocracy" Doesn't work, it's exactly as quoted above, you've gotta have TON of friends for it to work. Since Digg's main flaw is that it the submissions are promoted based on a voting system, it really doesn't matter weather the community participates or not. What your left with are users who Digg topics which are already on the homepage anyway.

orentodoros, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  4. Lofty

Lofty Member

Best Answers:
    Digg has certainly become a popularity contest, stories get front page based on popularity of the author, not the quality of the article or number of votes. I've found that I get more traffic from reddit articles than digg. Anyway, I'm on a shared server so a digg front page would be of no use to me anyway as my server would crash within seconds!

Lofty, Jan 23, 2009 IP