1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digg is not for anyone with an online store...

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Stumpygrrl, Apr 14, 2006.

I got in on the Digg craze and just to warn you, if you have an online store and submit an article about one of your products, even though it's technology related, innovative and people might find it interesting, you might get accused of spamming. I was just trying to get some traffic like everyone else to my website and these people were so rude. I am not a spammer and will never be a spammer but they accused me of it anyway and were terribly obscene. That sucks. It's so hard to get traffic to your online store without being accused of being a spammer! No more digg for me.

Stumpygrrl, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  2. Notting

Notting Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Stumpygrrl

Were the sites you were digging the ones in your link?!?! Which section did you place those in?

I can see the headline now:
    "New dildo breaks technology barrier. Scientists have created a dildo with vibro power similar to blah blah!..."

lol

To the point tho, why not write an article about the product in the style that digg users appreciate. Have a small link to your shop. The smaller the link the better i think. Digg users will appreciate a small link (not spam) but all digg users will see it.

Good luck
    Jamie

Notting, Apr 14, 2006 IP
    mattmdesign likes this.
  3. Jamie Lister

Jamie Lister Peon

Best Answers:
    What I learned from people here is that you can't be promoting yourself or your products.

Jamie Lister, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  4. Notting

Notting Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wrong!! You cant rely on you competitors to promote your products/services! You just have to be a bit cleverer about promoting your goods.

Peace out
    Notting

Notting, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  5. Stumpygrrl

Stumpygrrl Active Member

Best Answers:

Stumpygrrl, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  6. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Nah... they are just anti-capitalist. :rolleyes:

Will.Spencer, Apr 14, 2006 IP
    GTech likes this.
  7. adacprogramming

adacprogramming Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Best I can tell the majority of the people who write a comment on Digg are rude, whether the article is good or not your going to get some wackos and those are generally the ones the leave a comment.

Do your best to write an objective article and don't' worry about what people write back.

adacprogramming, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  8. itsme

itsme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    who cares what comments people leave... the important thing is to drive that traffic to your sites and make the $green$

BTW, why in the world would anyone want a TALKING sex doll? I mean that useless jabber is the worst part about having a REAL girlfriend, now you have to put up with it from the "gal" you bought??? :eek:

Ok, I'm just kidding... or am I? ;)

itsme, Apr 15, 2006 IP
  9. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you wrote a few articles about your own site or products then I would have thought that it would be spam.

If you wrote one article about either your site or your products then it would have been self promotion which some people may also consider spam.

If you found an article about a website or product that is not yours then it would not be spam.

I am sorry about what you experienced over there. When I was over there I submitted a few articles not about what I had written or about my sites, but some of the article good tech type articles that other people had submitted to my site. I then linked to their articles from digg.com

I then had one or two people tell me that it looked as if I was spamming and because they didn't know that it was me they couldn't prove it. But anyway, I don't really use them anymore and I didn't think I was spamming at the time as I was only really finding interesting stuff on my site what others had submitted just because it may interest others at the digg site.

john269, Apr 16, 2006 IP