1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dioes Social Network really help in Site Rank/Position?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by ZharkD, Feb 7, 2011.

Hello,

I would to ask, if social networks as facebook and twitter really help sites to be popular faster without them.

I've some projects in mind and I would to know how I can bring up my site on google, yahoo and bing to earn from them.

Thank you!

ZharkD, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  2. gonzalod34

gonzalod34 Peon

Best Answers:
    Social network can help you in two ways. First if you give your friends/readers to an interesting article or valuable service, they will naturally send a link to their friends, and their friends will do the same for you. On that way you will get thousands of targeted visitors. Second thing, each one of the links provided by a social networking site will deliver "link juice" to your website.

gonzalod34, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  3. nchrist

nchrist Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there. I think social networks like facebook and twitter only gives traffic to your site. Because these two that are on top from the list of social networking sites are nofollow. It won't generate you backlinks but if you use it right it will increase your sites traffic.

nchrist, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  4. CherryRahtu

CherryRahtu Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with nchrist, twitter and facebook can bring in traffic , but won't help your ranking. that's why SEO and SMM should work together :)

CherryRahtu, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  5. HavenX

HavenX Member

Best Answers:
    This is true I've tried it but seems backlinking will still be our job to rank well in search engines. Social networks are only a plus...

HavenX, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  6. Cyanide284

Cyanide284 Member

Best Answers:
    Social networking has helped me a lot in getting traffic to my site and promoting my services and reaching out to the people.

Cyanide284, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  7. cinehour

cinehour Peon

Best Answers:
    social networks are really helpful in boosting ur website traffic..........but not helful in building backlinks.

cinehour, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  8. stevenyoung

stevenyoung Peon

Best Answers:
    optimization procedures as usual with the first two months. The site was not getting more than 100 page views a day. From the next month we have started the second phase of seo including NewGenre unique methods seo with power documents and search engine bounce back (which is capable of bringing lots of traffic). As optimization processes will not bring instant results we had to wait for a while to see the growth. The releases distributed over the site started to pick up by google on top positions and the traffic became the double than before.

There were three main keywords for the website for the optimization process. Because of an assumption that shorter and high traffic keywords may take much time to get good positions – the selected keywords were long tail ones with good number of monthly searches. But once we put a hold on to the optimization processes, we could see that the website began to rank well for non-optimized keywords too. In a worst case – a high competing keyword (free press release) ranked well without proper optimization. The positions of such keywords were high than the optimized keywords. So we have done a proper analysis on this to get into a conclusion and to plan the next seo services stage.

Some times you might have noticed that some websites rank well even with out good number of backlinks and optimization processes. How or why this happens? Sites with lots of visits automatically get noticed by the search engines and no doubt that they will appear on top position on SERPs for their main keywords.

Search engine ranking is something very different than we expect. It’s not just because of the number of backlinks or age or so. When it comes to the SERPs it’s a combination of the number of sites referring, the number of visits, on-site optimization and the quality of content.

• Even if a website is not at all having any backlinks – it will rank on top of SERPs if the site is receiving huge traffic. This was the reason why the website started ranking well on search engines where there were no links for that specific keywords.

• It’s true that even if we don’t have proper on-site optimization – the site will rank well if the off-site optimization is great. But the fact is proper on-site optimization can double the results. It is a must to do thing.

• Proper content with a minimum quality can produce search engine friendly pages. Such websites would be ranking well on search engines even if the numbers of referring websites are low.

• Giving a link to the home page in the other pages will act like a referring page. It can really help the site, but avoid making pages without a reason.

So when you start your optimization processes keep in mind that as with the link building process – you must do a few things to increase the traffic. Don't forget to subscribe to the blog for getting updates on your email.

stevenyoung, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  9. webdreamer

webdreamer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social networking can increase your traffic (non-organic traffic). In the long run it may also help pagerank as people who social network are more likely to tell their friends about your site. this can generate incoming links which increases pagerank.

webdreamer, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  10. balivillaholidays

balivillaholidays Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook and Twitter is now the fastest growing avenue to reach out with customers and other potential users. Although they don't directly help your website's search engine popularity, it gives you more access to gain more subscribers, loyal visitors and traffic counts.

Also, social networking helps popularized your website or business brands thus helping your for Search Engines.

balivillaholidays, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  11. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
  12. andydraysen

andydraysen Peon

Best Answers:
    yes it does help

andydraysen, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  13. DIGITALCHAMELEON

DIGITALCHAMELEON Peon

Best Answers:
    Big Yes, as social networking sites can help your site a lot on getting traffic.

DIGITALCHAMELEON, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  14. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. Social networks help to increase traffic thereby enhancing increased page rank.

chinasa, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  15. krishatnet

krishatnet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think these sites are only useful for traffic.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
    krishatnet, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  16. ZharkD

ZharkD Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Thank you all guys for your responses. I think I'll try to get fans and followers on fb and twitter to get traffic on my site.

ZharkD, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  17. rugbyclark13

rugbyclark13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Helps with only getting traffic to the site and that is it.

rugbyclark13, Feb 22, 2011 IP