1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Discussion forum - need your input

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Regrouping-webmaster, Feb 13, 2015.

I'm evaluating the possibility of providing a service to online discussion forum webmasters and those who considered it. I'm NOT trying to sell anything, but really would benefit from hearing your story of why you did (or did not) do it and what happened. Did you have trouble getting enough visitors? What problems come with running/starting a discussion forum?

Regrouping-webmaster, Feb 13, 2015 IP
  2. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Getting the people is hard, most give up! The first year you'll basically be talking to yourself. Hire some people or have friends make lots of posts. No one wants to join an empty forum. I just pass by small forums all the time. Not enough dialogue.

superrichguy, Feb 13, 2015 IP
  3. pactive

pactive Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yep. It is sort of like blogging for a year and never having anybody comment on your blog. I've had that happen :(

After somebody does start talking, you will need to be very responsive (But not too freakishly responsive) to get them to make another reply and become an active member.

pactive, Feb 17, 2015 IP