1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dissertation/Thesis Ideas Based On IM

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Silverfox05, Oct 7, 2016.

Hi
    Slightly off topic but I would really appreciate any Ideas that might inspire me on picking a good dissertation topic. I was thinking on maybe something on SEO, Paid traffic or Social media but I am struggling to narrow it down as they can be so very broad. To make it work I need to answer a problem, then back it up with evidence. Maybe even bring something new to the table from research and maybe even use a case study.
    With black hat/white hat marketing and the mysteries of how Google operate and know our every move, there must be some good topics in there.
    I'd appreciate your thoughts, especially if you have had to do one of these before.
    Thanks
    Rob

Silverfox05, Oct 7, 2016 IP
  2. Madelite

Madelite Banned

Best Answers:
    Oooo tricky question. Well I can only give you some basic suggestions of course. I have done similar work in the past.

First of, the impact internet marketing has had. The problem would be for example "How do I, the owner of a product that teens would love, market it to them? TV is too expensive and they don't read the paper". Solution: Hello internet marketing where you can target your specific audience, everything from age, gender, interests and such.

And you could also focus on how it allows ambitious people to work without actually searching for a job. I live in sweden for example, there are almost no jobs here. So, I started with internet marketing instead! So Internet Marketing can actually solve alot of social issues.

Not sure if this was helpful at all, but maybe it can give you some ideas.

Madelite, Oct 7, 2016 IP
  3. Silverfox05

Silverfox05 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you. If anybody else has any ideas to add I would appreciate it.

Silverfox05, Oct 9, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @Madelite I didn't realise that Sweden had an unemployment problem - it's always portrayed as a successful economy.

@Silverfox05 how long can you conduct your research before having to write up the results? It would be interesting to study
    • the impact of negative SEO and competitors harm each other.
    • the process of reputation rehabilitation and how long it takes to get positive pages to rank above harmful, mainstream news stories.

sarahk, Oct 9, 2016 IP
  5. Madelite

Madelite Banned

Best Answers:
    That's because you read the massmedia :) Sweden is a wreck, crime is rampage, no one can get proper jobs and so on. It's complete chaos in some parts. I myself live in place where there are assaults and such constantly and no cops at all since they all quit or just don't have the resources.
    Most people who come out of high school can't get jobs. Unfortunately, we don't get help with startups either due to our age. So most end up working at refugee centres or in eldercare.

Also, the whole "Booming economy" comes from the fact that Sweden is bankrupt and borrows tons from the EU :p Personally I wished I could just get married and move to a cheaper country, because the taxes here are insane.

Anyhow sorry fo the offtopic.

But yeah Sarahk raised some REALLY good points. I myself worked a lot with so called "negative SEO", it's shady and legal. A study on it would be hard but really interesting. Hope you publish it so we can read it afterwards.

Madelite, Oct 9, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.