1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do digital business cards work?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Gavin Anthony Wilson, May 10, 2023.

In a way that one benefits from replacing a traditional paper-based card with a digital one. I am trying to figure out what you can do with them practically

Gavin Anthony Wilson, May 10, 2023 IP
  2. Edna Welburg

Edna Welburg Banned

Best Answers:
    For example, if you work in Sales - you can generate leads and track interactions with potential clients, then integrate all the data into your CRM system. Or sharing, this goes for anyone - you don't have to be physically present to give your card to someone. Tracking and analytics - you can see where/when your card was scanned. And to add what I should've said first: you don't use paper - you protect the environment.

Edna Welburg, May 10, 2023 IP
  3. Gavin Anthony Wilson

Gavin Anthony Wilson Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks! Since you know about this, I guess you are using them. How did you figure out which digital business card maker to choose? I mean, obviously, I can Google this, but I prefer to hear a personal experience instead.

4. Edna Welburg

Edna Welburg Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't want to use cliches, but it really depends on what your main criteria are - is it the security, the design, or the price, you get the picture. In my case, it was about integrations, for example. You can read the best digital business card reviews here, and you will get a better idea about the features. Hope it helps!

Edna Welburg, May 10, 2023 IP
  5. Gavin Anthony Wilson

Gavin Anthony Wilson Banned

Best Answers:
    Thank you again. I admit I didn't even consider some of the factors mentioned. This is exactly why I like forums - you have some fun, get movie recommendations, business advice, you name it!

Edna Welburg likes this.
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I would not think of them as a replacement to traditional business cards, but as another option for prospects, clients, etc. This way, you can ask them which medium they would prefer, paper or digital, when exchanging details. Some might ask for both. However, I want to digress a bit and discuss a pet peeve of mine:

Signatures in business emails. So many people select the option of showing their signatures only once to any recipient and then removing from all replies and future emails. I cannot tell you how many vendors have infuriated me when I went through their emails looking for their phone number and could not find their signature line. Email is the medium for business transactions these days and your contact information should be readily available on every email. More important than your business cards, in fact.

jrbiz, May 10, 2023 IP
  7. McAlexis

McAlexis Greenhorn

Best Answers:

McAlexis, May 10, 2023 IP
  8. McAlexis

McAlexis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the article! Continuing the life-learning ;)

McAlexis, May 10, 2023 IP
  9. Joseph Mack

Joseph Mack Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, digital business cards can be an effective tool for networking and promoting your business or personal brand. Digital business cards are essentially digital versions of traditional paper business cards that can be easily shared and accessed using your smartphone or other mobile devices.
    Digital business cards have several advantages over traditional paper business cards. They are more environmentally friendly, easier to store and organize, and can be quickly and easily shared with others. Additionally, they can be customized with interactive features such as clickable links, videos, and social media profiles, which can help you make a more memorable and impactful impression.
    There are several digital business card apps and platforms available, such as CamCard, Haystack, and LinkedIn QR codes. These apps allow you to create, store, and share your digital business card with others. Some even offer analytics that can help you track how often your card is being viewed or shared.
    However, it's important to note that not everyone may be familiar with digital business cards, so it's always a good idea to have a traditional paper business card as a backup. Additionally, it's important to ensure that your digital business card is professional-looking, easy to use, and provides all the necessary contact information that someone would expect to find on a traditional business card.

Joseph Mack, May 11, 2023 IP
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    This is an Internet Marketing forum. Its members are all familiar with ChatGPT and other AI content generation tools. You do yourself no favors by posting obvious AI-content in this forum.

jrbiz, May 11, 2023 IP
  11. Josh Shepard

Josh Shepard Peon

Best Answers:
    AI-generated content is so easy to spot!

I have digital and traditional business cards. Although I'm happy to be able to offer a digital version, nothing beats the classic, wallet-sized business card. If you have the means to offer both, do it. If not, I would invest in the traditional. Have graphic designer create the card for you. It's worth it.

Josh Shepard, May 11, 2023 IP