1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do Forums still have a role in the age of social media?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by AjayJunkies, May 11, 2024.

I know this broader category covers social networking as a marketing tool, but they birthed from forums.

Do forums still have a role? What is unique about the structure of forums that can allow them to still be an important destination for marketing and knowledge gathering?

AjayJunkies, May 11, 2024 IP
    MargoFarrel likes this.
  2. Spartan14

Spartan14 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well i think forums are still some good source of gaining knowledge and not dead
    I am agree that they decreased a lot compared with the past where they've been much active
    I also find a lot of forums pretty active but it also depends on the niche etc

Spartan14, May 12, 2024 IP
  3. GreenHost.Cloud

GreenHost.Cloud Member

Best Answers:
    I believe forums continue to provide a sense of community and credibility that can be lacking in other social media platforms.

GreenHost.Cloud, May 18, 2024 IP
  4. ElenaVital

ElenaVital Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social media mostly killed niche forums which honestly I find so sad and a major loss for us as a society. There used to be so many great forums with so much personality and community, amazing memories. Now everyone is on centralised social media platforms having their dopamine receptors hacked by big corporations. Capitalism at work I guess, putting profits above people as per usual.

Some Discord servers are alright though, they are basically like niche forums.

ElenaVital, May 19, 2024 IP
    JackieJim likes this.
  5. Peter Reinhard

Peter Reinhard Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on which forums we are talking about. Internet forums were still active, but their popularity could evolve over time due to changing online trends and platforms.

Peter Reinhard, May 22, 2024 IP
  6. MargoFarrel

MargoFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    I am sure that while social media has advantages in terms of reach and immediacy, forums offer an organized space for in-depth conversations, making them an important aspect of the digital landscape. They complement social media by meeting the demand for more concentrated and continuous discourse.

MargoFarrel, May 22, 2024 IP
  7. JackieJim

JackieJim Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, forums have always been about experience and professionalism. People who have made progress in developing their skills come here and are prepared to share their results.

Social networks serve as a convenient source of information, allowing anyone to repost and perceive themselves as professionals. This has resulted in a slight decline in the quality of information and trust in such individuals. Consequently, conflicting opinions frequently arise among various participants discussing a question for which there is only one definitive answer.

JackieJim, May 22, 2024 IP
  8. Thefontsgenerator

Thefontsgenerator Peon

Best Answers:
    For any designer or creator, TheFontsGenerator is a font treasure trove. You can explore a variety of styles with ease and select the one that works best for your project to enhance your design with ease.

Last edited: May 29, 2024
    Thefontsgenerator, May 29, 2024 IP
  9. allthisnthat

allthisnthat Peon

Best Answers:
    Forums are definitely still relevant, and they are different than social media platforms in many ways. Many forums are related to a particular industry or niche so people can share experiences and best practices with professionals or get helpful tips.

allthisnthat, Jun 16, 2024 at 5:04 AM IP