1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do not use ipower.com !

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sgthayes, Jan 4, 2006.

1. dsm56

dsm56 Active Member

Best Answers:
    hm...godaddy is alright...but i use a cheaper company...so they are out there..

dsm56, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    What do you expect. Something selling cheaper than we that re-sell domains pay for the domain is not something I would really consider on the up and up. We used to charge $15/yr, then $20/yr, now we sell them for $25/yr. No, not the cheapest, but I have yet to see a "TheDNSPlace.Com sucks" search show up with any results.

Sometimes you really do get what you pay for. However, there are several cheap services out there that seem to keep people very happy, so it is not always the case, just more often than not.

Mia, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  3. donald

donald Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also Ipower webhosting sucks. do not buy host from ipower or ipowerweb.

donald, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  4. privatne

privatne Peon

Best Answers:
    Now one can better understand, how ipower.com could STEEL my money from the credit card. They simply charged my card for the order I never did! Hundreds of $ lost. Nobody from this company was reachable to me. Even KEY account managers do exist only virtually for the first incoming mail as they never reply to yours.

privatne, Oct 28, 2006 IP
  5. causasui

causasui Peon

Best Answers:
    Im Back!!

The server went down again and no one was there to help (as usual) Im getting used to this every few months.

I wanted to share this info with any perspective new consumers. IPOWERs biggest problem is with billing. They utilize fraudulent billing practices. For instance, they do not send out renew notices and renew any accounts you have automatically. There is no choice to manually renew like most other companies (godaddy)(netsol). They continually bill me for domain that I no longer want to renew then refuse to issue credits. And if they do the credit is often not in the same amount as the charge. What you are left with doing is calling and beggin for help. At the end of the day they cannot be trusted with your credit card. They continually try to renew my server for a 3month period when I pay for 6. Think about that. They wont send confimations of renewals either. I cant complain about overall uptime but their billing is costing me huge money and if there is any investigation or class action it should focus there becasue they are totally trying to get over on each customer.

Ask for help you say? I tryed to get in touch with anyone that was willing to help me. I contacted a senior managment member and look at this email chain.

To: 'Warren Lanier'
    Subject: RE: Trey (Incident: 040301-004080)

I am having billing issues and a few other concerns I was looking for help on.

Are you able to help?
    --------------------------------------

To:
    Sent: 4/5/07 6:05 PM

Probably not- as billing is a separate department from mine and they have their own rules and regulations that enable them to address every customer concern on a fair and equitable basis.

Thanks

**note this guy doesnt even give a shit a five year customer is trying to go up the chain asking for help, he doesnt even offer to help, at all.

----------------------------------------------------
    To: Warren Lanier

Thanks.
    You must be pretty high up the chain to formulate a response like that.

Yet..knowing you work for the company don't you think you could have atleast offered to pint me in the right direction instead of leaving a 4 year customer out to dry?

Customer service shouldn't be limited to a department.

---------------------------------------------------
    Your are welcome.

Perhaps my email was somehow not clear. In my response to your inquiry of my ability to assist you in resolving some issues you are having concerning the billing area of your service; my goal was to point out that I am not able to assist you in rectifying any billing concerns you may have as a result of our billing department having autonomy over all such concerns.

In referencing this observation in my response back to you, my presumption was that you might seek additional assistance from our billing department about your concerns. If I did not convey that directive clearly, please accept my apologies for any confusion or misgivings that may have resulted from this.

Regards

Warren Lanier, Jr.
    Marketing Sales Manager-Los Angeles
    IPower, Inc.
    wlanier@ipowerweb.com

-----------------------------------------------
    To: Warren Lanier

Even after reading this and realizing that you prefer to create long winded emails, I'm left wondering. Why havent you offered to help, even if you offered to try to have someone in billing contact me or perhaps even giving me a persons number. I honestly think this sense of customer service you present is the worst thing about your company. It bleeds through from tech support to billing, the attitude is, "its not my job!"

Please don’t reply unless you have either a contact number for me or are able to contact someone on my behalf. I have been a customer of IPOWER for about 5 years and don’t want to be patronized.

** I have been trying to get 3 domains refunded for over a month. They have my money and refuse to refund it. The domains are down and not renewed yet they dont credit me. For sure thats against the law?

causasui, Apr 6, 2007 IP
  6. publicdomainkid

publicdomainkid Peon

Best Answers:
    well...i use godaddy....but do not do your research by typing the name of the company and sucks ok? "godaddy sucks" based on this....you will soon find out that all domain name companies suck!

publicdomainkid, Apr 6, 2007 IP
  7. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    Dynadot.com has got to be one of the best registrars. Customer service is fast and friendly. I'm very happy to have 95% of my domains registered with them!

Fka200, Apr 6, 2007 IP
  8. Your Content

Your Content Banned

Best Answers:
    Agree with you, Dynadot is a great registrar with excellent customer service, easy to use control panel, paid parking and referral rewards in addtion to its forum in which you have freedom to spech about anything, including internal or external services

Your Content, Apr 6, 2007 IP
  9. ducky00

ducky00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am undergoing a bad experience with one of the big server provider.
    Will let you ppl know if they fail to provide quality service.

I guess we should have a section for this kind of information.

ducky00, Apr 6, 2007 IP
  10. causasui

causasui Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I finally had it and have moved to another provider (almost complete with transition). My server went down for over a week and I lost a handful of customers because of it. The phones were busy and no tech support was available. I wish I was exaggerating (I have gray hairs to prove I’m not). Finally, I am migrating all of my accounts from IPOWER and just in the nic of time.

Apparently they are merging with another company and will be moving all of their machines to Boston (From AZ and CA) and there is no doubt this will be a disaster of the highest degree. They plan to lay off over 300 people so the support won’t be there either.

They just sent me an email saying they are upgrading their servers and to expect down time for "FALL". They didn’t have a time frame beyond an entire season.

As my company has grown I find I am not able to, in good conscious, offer IPOWER as a solution anymore. They simple grey the company and sold it. The OWEN has a reputation for doing this in other areas...Google it..

If you are thinking about moving hosts, now is the time to do it, things are sure to only spiral downhill from here.

Thomas Gorny, CEO
    IPOWER, Inc.

causasui, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  11. flash902007

flash902007 Banned

Best Answers:
    thanks for the warning on this company mate. as always you get what you pay for. its always worth paying a few extra bucks and normally you get a better service. of course this isnt always the case. good luck in resolving it.

flash902007, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  12. gweb

gweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the warning, I will steer well clear of them! Everyone take note - we webmasters find ourselves at the mercy of these big host companies and we must all stick together and watch out for one another ... if there's enough horror stories like this about one co. then we will all know to avoid them!

gweb, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  13. refid

refid Guest

Best Answers:
    refid, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  14. netmaster123

netmaster123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The exact same thing happend to me, I registered a domain and it was already taken, never received a refund and their service sucks.

CAREFUL WITH IPOWER

netmaster123, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  15. KNEB

KNEB Peon

Best Answers:
    KNEB, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  16. causasui

causasui Peon

Best Answers:
    Updated. I have since migrated over 50 accounts from IPOWER to Go Daddy. Amazing the level of service difference and the technology offering. Its been painful and I have lost some money but I feel much more confident with the service my customers are getting. That being said, of the remaining few accounts I still have with IPOWER they are doing something interesting. As usual, they do not give you the option to (ReNew manual) and they will charge any card you have on file with them, when they like. Best part? Even after they charge you for a domain and hosting renewal and you have a confirmation letter, they send another one saying its overdue. They are trying to double dip so please please be careful. I have eaten about $200.00 because of this and since they are half IPOWER and half some other company at the moment I think they are operation off of 6 different billing systems. BUYER BEWARE!!!

causasui, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  17. sirjorgeofculver

sirjorgeofculver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I used to work for ipower.com !!! wow...i do not miss the phone calls.

sirjorgeofculver, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  18. EIx

EIx Peon

Best Answers:
    ipower.com is the worst hosting company. slowly access the server.

EIx, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  19. kozyavka

kozyavka Active Member

Best Answers:
    boy, if you really hate any company, don't advertise it::))
    Lots of such bad service companies are able to survive simply because bad advertising also works:)

kozyavka, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  20. sirjorgeofculver

sirjorgeofculver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, for whatever reason they were getting thousands of new accounts a day, when i used to work there.

sirjorgeofculver, Feb 7, 2008 IP